AKA Wingman Guidelines
A good wing is as hard to find as a good girlfriend. Having a partner in crime can either exponentially increase your success rate, or detrimentally destroy you in field. Originally posted by Mystery, here they are as written by him:
Mystery‘s Winging Rules
3. Don’t ever steal the target. Many times the player will be ignoring or negging the target, never use this time to step in and steal her. Never.
4. The wing should occupy the obstacles so that the player gets more one on one time with target.
5. Always agree with your wing. Never take the girls side over him. He is always right.
6. Your wing is a great cool guy. That is why you hang out with him. After all you have standards.
7.Your wings feelings are important to you. Even more important than the girls feelings. When he approaches the set, turn and face him. If you disrespect your wing, it will lower your value to the girls. Never leave him standing there without acknowledging or introducing him.
A PUA can either wing anyone, if he’s good, or he may want to specifically look for a wing and a friend in a good wing. Good wings come in a variety of forms. It doesn’t necessary have to be a wing who has good pick up skills. Good wings can add value by:
- Being positive and cheerful and grounded in character
- Having loyalty to you and will follow your lead, or let you know when he is doing his own thing ahead of time
- Keeps his word
- Honest when it counts
- Diplomatic in difficult situations
- Blends with your personality (not exact, but complimentary) i.e. comedian vs. grounded businessman styles
I always follow my wingman rules, regardless of the set.