Quick Definition: Pickup, sexual, and relationship management techniques that are part of the community but have not yet been mainstreamed.
Like martial arts, there are underground schools of pickup, seduction, and sex that are not publicly available to the masses, or even regular pickup artists. These masters often prefer to remain anonymous, rather than become public figures such as Style or Mystery. For example, there is a common rumor in the community of an mPUA in southern California that women pay to have oral sex with, in order to learn how to improve their blowjob skills.
Oftentimes underground pickup techniques are only taught to students the master deems worthy, or they can be secretly guarded for a long time. Sometimes the origins of these techniques are locally based. For example, locations of secret f-close locations in the hotels of San Francisco are only accessible through specific social connectors or if the PUA knows the exact place within the location.
Certain micro-trends have begun in the community that are becoming less underground. These include:
- The Under 21 movement, composed of frustrated young men or curious younger generation kids who want to start encompassing the behaviors of a natural at an early age
- Older men movement, composed of those that want to date younger women, or the specific game area that applies to seduction at their life stage and age
- Secretly guarded NLP patterns such as the Octoberman sequence are becoming easier to find
- Movement into sex/tantra/multiple orgasms/multiple partners and the study of sex, the formation of groups that explore intimacy and sexually, such as the men and women at OneTaste
- The Female PUA movement of women who want to perfect the art of seducing hotter guys (younger girls), or, men of power (more experienced playettes)
In any underground pickup group, there are certain rules and loyalties that allow the members to remain anonymous as well as allowing the group to continue thriving without public exposure. For example, a common initiation may involve members starting a meeting by swearing confidentiality, and breach of this verbal contract by one person is considered social suicide within the community. A circle can then only be opened with permission of another circle member by requesting “open circle” as a permission to discuss ideas and things only discussed within the confidentiality of the group. These procedures exist so that members can freely express themselves without being judged. This way, the group remains confidential, close, and intact from potential harm of a system being mainstreamed.
Source: It’s a secret.