In indirect game, an opener’s objective is to engage the set. Once the PUA has their attention, he can then launch into DHV stories and routines while getting to know some of the people within the set.
- Come in a slightly higher energy level than the group/girl
- Don’t linger on the opener and talk about who lies more indefinitely. Stack stories, as friends would do.
- Upon opening, calibrate IOIs with reward, IODs with negs or pebbles.
- Controlled voice, body language, avatar, and your previous actions in bar dictate your initial perceived value when opening.
- FTCs are great for eliminating the natural uncomfortable feeling of wanting to know when a stranger might leave. Also adds value via cat string theory (you may leave at any time)
- Openers alone are not enough, once you open, it is important to demonstrate value via game.
Direct openers have a higher chance of failure, but also higher rewards. Naturals, more good looking PUAs can get away with this, or PUAs who use GM style. Most AFCs use direct game, but at a very low skill level.
A higher natural/direct game mentality has been developed by the likes of Zan and Juggler in the community. Their interaction is dependent on the PUA’s genuineness and the lack of fear in expressing who he is. The pro of this approach is that genuineness and the courage to be who you are attractive qualities. The problem is that most naturals and AFCs have a lot of experience doing direct game. Also, once opened directly, there is recourse for your intentions in this interaction. For SHBs and HBs of a higher caliber, as they get approached by a lot of confident men, direct openers may not work as well.
Some examples of good direct openers are:
- You shouldn’t look at me like that. Other people can see us.
- So are we going to start talking soon, or should we keep flirting at a distance?
- Hi. (Pause, eye gaze, and emit alpha BL)
- I think you look cute. I want to get to know you better.
Again, in both theories of game, the opener is not your only success factor. Congruency, push and pull, and conveying genuine DHVs about who you are ensures that the set goes well and the opener turns into something more.
What openers do you think work best on college girls?