Quick Definition: A funny comment that dis-engages previously accept social programming. The correct response should be laughter and a bit of shock (later handled by proper calibration based on a person’s response).
*PUA Lingo does not endorse or support the use of these terms. We strive to describe them the best we can based on the seduction community’s uses for them in improving men’s (and some women’s) dating lives.
Neg hits, or more commonly negs (short for “negative hits”), are quick, sometimes humorous remarks used by PUAs to get past a bitch shield. Many men, when approaching an HB, make the mistake of immediately lavishing them with compliments. This rarely ever works because it is a) not genuine, b) places the girl on a pedestal, and c) what every other guy does.
It is important to note that a neg hit is not an insult. Rather, it is an often humorous comment used to communicate active disinterest. New guys often make the mistake of insulting women or being mean to them. That is not the point of negs, and they should never be used to make women feel bad about themselves.
Matador: The appropriate response from a girl after a neg is laughter.
Other examples of negs include:
- Your nose wiggles when you talk! … It’s so cute! … Look at it! There it goes again!
- Y’know, I just saw a girl wearing the EXACT SAME dress/outfit a little while ago.
- You can dress her up, but you can’t take her anywhere! (shotgun neg)
- You have some lipstick on your face, here let me wipe it off. (sniper neg, kino)
- You have really big ears (Sniper neg), don’t worry, I think it’s cute, kind of like a bunny. (IOI calibration)
Discovery on negs: