Quick Definition: Positioning oneself as the center of attention in a set, and physically having the girl lean towards that position of power.
Locking-in is essential if one is running flash game, or if one wants to have a stronger presence in holding down a set with more than 1 HB. It is the subconscious communication of one’s alpha-ness and value in a set based on one’s physical relationship with their targets. Different lock-in tactics have been developed by the community.
For example, if a girl is sitting down, high five her, spin her, and then take her seat. Stick your tongue out like a little boy and laugh at her. JDog runs a routine in The Pickup Artist by saying, “Here, give me your hands,” and then moves the girl, ending with, “Ah. I look so much better in this light!”
- A PUA locking in a 2 set is a pretty high DHV to the room, and the actual HBs in your set will feel subconsciously more attracted to you based on their own body language from the lock-in
- Interrupts that take place will recognize you as already “in” with the set, and the chance of pulling the girls away is tougher
- It makes it harder to AMOGs to approach tointerrupt your set
- Your wing can enter on a more powerful note
- Flash gameand social value goes up in the room, with the men, women, and hired guns