Context: Common signs of interest from the girl, applicable mostly in bar-room and club situations.
Stephanie Alexander, Maxim:
• She compliments you on virtually anything. Women are used to receiving compliments, not giving them. So if she points out a positive characteristic, you’ve impressed her.
• She’s disagreeing but laughing. Flirtatious sarcasm, as in Yeah, right, like I believe that! means she’s into you. If she weren’t, she’d simply Uh-huh you into oblivion.
• She keeps asking you to repeat yourself. She’s not allowing the blasting music to come between the two of you. A suggestion of a quieter corner to talk in will be well received.
• She laughs at your lame junior high school–level jokes. She’s obviously lust drunk. Or maybe just drunk.
• She touches you anywhere. Touch her back in the equivalent place, and let her up the ante, just in case her touch was an accidental slip of the hand.
• She stays put. If you run to drain the monster and she’s still where you left her when you return, you’re doing something right. Likewise if she comes back to you after she powders her nose.
• She doesn’t flinch. If you reach across her to grab a drink or an ashtray and she doesn’t pull back, she’s feeling physically comfortable with you. Don’t blow it, pal.
She says, Hey, where ya goin’? as you leave the bar. She’s angling for an invite. Even if she ultimately says no (she may not feel safe going off with you or may not want to ditch her friends) it’s a sign she’s game for a future hookup.
Maxin, Clifford’s Seduction newsletter: I have built for myself a proximity alert system. When you walk into a room or store or bar etc, while a woman might be reluctant or too shy to make eye contact, sometimes, on a conscious or unconscious level, she will reveal her interest through proximity. Guys do this all the time. Have you ever walked into a bar and then made practically a bee line for the hottest chick, if only to be near her and check her out more? And maybe you changed your mind and instead of approaching her, you ordered a drink at the bar right next to her? I’ve been in stores shopping where it seemed that a woman I had seen, put herself near me several times over the course of 10-20 minutes. Coincidence? Maybe, but I don’t really believe that, and it’s far more useful for me to believe that a woman finds me interesting or attractive and is putting herself near me on purpose hoping that I may start something.